I hope everyone had a great summer and is ready to hop back into the routine of the fall/winter season. I know my kids are very excited about Grade 1 and nursery school this fall. I can't believe that it's here already.
With the school year comes the 2011/2012 Diaper Gym year! We're going to start back up this Friday, September 9th at 9:30. Same time and same place. For those of you who would like to forward this email on to your friends with pre-school aged kids, here are the details:
- Portage Diaper Gym, Located at St Mary's Hall - 36 2nd St. SW
- It's on the middle floor of the building (there's a daycare on the lowest floor, and a thrift shop on the top floor)
- We meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30-11:30, but feel free to come a little earlier if you're out and about dropping off kids at school or out of your house early.
- Diaper gym is open to any families with preschool children, babies and newborns.
- Our yearly fee is $25, and it goes toward a donation to the church for the use of the hall, as well as coffee, kleenex, toys, coloring and craft supplies for the kids, etc.
- Coffee is provided, but you'll need to bring your own snacks and drinks for your kids.
As always, diaper gym is a casual, friendly place to hang out, mingle with other parents, and let the kids socialize and play. We are fairly unstructured, but from time to time do organize a craft or game day. We usually have a diaper gym party on the last diaper gym day before holidays. Last year Santa visited us just before Christmas!
We also like to plan Mom's Nights Out from time to time, and will go out and have a meal together somewhere in town. Last year we had talked about having a Mom's Night in and planning a game night somewhere, but the year slipped by too quickly. This year for sure!
I am the main contact person for diaper gym, but remember that input is always welcome from all members. If anyone wants to organize a game, craft, or event of some kind feel free to do so!
I hope to see everyone at the hall soon!
ps - please forward this to anyone you know who may be interested in joining our playgroup!